Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SPFI conversion engine harness

tweety

Making progress with some issues with my conversion SPFI to ea81.

I have a code 35.  Purge control solonoid.

The SPFI kit had two resisters.  One resister was connected to the EGR solonoid Valve connector- two wires- blue/red stripe and Black with white stripe.  The second resister 67 ohms, wasnt connected.  There is a connector on the harness with two wires- green/blue stripe and black/white stripe.  The green/blue stripe wire corresponds to number 5 on the middle sized ECU connector so it confirms its the Purge solonoid valve connector.

The spare resister connector doesnt fit the purge connector.  I assume I can cut off the resister connecotr and fit two spade terminals to fit into the purge connector? Then that I also assume will fix the eCU code and fix the issue. 

Can anyone confirm this?

A few days off and I'm feeling like doing a bit on the trike.

Made up this board.  Fitted female connectors to the injector, MAF and Throttle sensor.  Then 5 feet of wiring to this board.

So trike sensors can be monitored as we ride it.

IMG_0015-5.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg
Note female connectors.

This resister was in place on the kit as part of the TB harness.  
IMG_0018.jpg

This plug was vacant and is the purge solonoid connector. so a resister has now been installed on that.

IMG_0017-2-1.jpg

Code 35 now gone (purge).  Code 31 (throttle sensor) still going but havent tried to cancel code yet.