Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So after months of looking finally found a sensor on ebay.. the codes I get are 26,56 & 41 I think.. I was wondering if the bad sensor can do this? I tested the resistance 2 years ago and I know it reads 0 ohms, but the funny thing is sometimes the ABS will work for a little while or just not at all.. I suspect it's just cheaper to do the sensor first (yes I cleaned it) I guess $38 for the right rear is not bad.. for some reason this seems to be the most expense ABS sensor on the car.

look at the wheel sensors, are they perfectly cylindrical in shape? If they have worn/eroded edges they will not function properly.

What year is your car so I can look up the codes.

The car is a '97 as in the sig, I have the service manual so I know what the codes are, I did clear it and only the 26 code comes up now.

Also back in the early summer I pulled the sensor off and it's fine, the sensor I repeat has no resistance, I waited as long as I did because I was not in a rush.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221284832140?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Edited by 1-3-2-4

Still getting used to the new format, and if your going to quote fault codes, share what they mean as some of us would still like to look them up and it saves us the work :) So have you or have you not replaced the wheel sensor and still have code 26?

Opps haha here is the total list

kmgo.jpg

I just brought the ABS sensor from ebay for $38 so I will report what happens when I replace it I guess it has a break in the line or some internal issue.

every wheel sensor i've seen you replace the sensor and you're done.  hopefully that takes care of those other phantom codes too.

i've only ever attacked one ABS code at a time so i haven't seen multiples but i'd assume it's a good approach like ECU or TCU to address the most obvious/common one first, clear, and go from there.  sounds like you're on the right track.

well done getting it out without the bolt shearing off!! high five!

Why do they bother trying anymore... I've been here 7 years now.. it's bad enough last month two orders from Amazon shipped out using the post office and both never made it here which required me to contact each seller.. now this from Ebay..

If it was something I'd not really care but come on...gmik.jpg

Ok this time he sent it off FedEx and I have it in my hand now, must of came while I was sleep.. so going out to install it now :) it seemed to have come off a '99 outback

You know the funny thing was on my long trip back from S.C. the ABS light never came on in that 650 mile drive.. that's nuts..

But yeah I hope this fixes the issue but I did not really mind with all that snow we had early in this year.

So far no more code I will know more tomorrow but I don't expect it to show up anymore.. Also this is the spot in the cable where I was having issue, every time you bend this a area my readings change from OL to 1.6K that it should be for resistance.

9sut.jpg