Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good evening from Utah

I am going to pick up a well aged 86 Brat Gl tomorrow if I don't chicken out. It's a project for me, as I have pretty much fixed up my 01 VDC Outback to my liking.  I am getting it for 800 bucks, and with a few hundred and some elbow grease, I think it will be a fun toy.  The body is actually in pretty good shape with no serious rust issues that I can't fix.  It has a loose shifter, needs an axle, steering boot, and the front seal is leaking too.  This is will be my 10th Subaru, but I haven't had an EA81 since high school nearly 25 year ago. I will make it into my daily runner if it proves to be somewhat realiable and keep the miles off the VDC, or at least thats my plans for now.  Thanks for the great site!

BM

Yeah I will shoot some pics when I get it home tomorrow, then hopefully will take some more as I get it cleaned up and get it going.  Glad to see that there are still people out there who like older cars.  My wife doesn't really understand my fascination with old stuff, but that okay, she has a new car. And now I will have two old cars.