Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Ride 86 Brat

mcmillonbe

I picked up this 86 Brat today. This is my 10th Subaru, but haven't had a e81 since high school(20+years ago).  I woke up just in time to make it to the bank to get the cash.  As I was signing over the title, the po had three of four calls of people with cash to take it.  But I was lucky.  It drives pretty good, has a exhaust leak where the y pipe meets the cat.  I will see tomorrow if the local muffler shop can fix it, otherwise I will order another y pipe.  I spent a good part of the day looking it over and cleaning it up.  Plugged the tire that was flat and sitting in the engine bay, and put it back on so at least it has four matching color rims. 

I don't know if I will keep it and fix  it up good enough to pass inspection/emissions.  It has a stumble around 1200 rpms I need to look into that.  Overall very excited to get down and dirty on this project, I told my wife I will take her in it tomorrow once I get the exhaust fixed. My neighbor told me he wants this car for his son, I told him I would think about it. Not too excited about a teenager torturing this poor old car. Sorry for my finger in the picture, not the best taking pictures on my phone.

post-49712-0-40867300-1380598703_thumb.jpg