Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any brats in Texas or Louisiana ?

1. I bought both my brats in the south. One from Texas, the other from Oklahoma.

2. Neither of mine are lifted (yet). I hear it is not that difficult, though. Un bolt and put the lift blocks in. The part that you have to be creative on is when we get to rear shocks and steering extension. I believe that's the case for a 2 inch. For anything bigger; you may need brake lines lengthened and longer rad hoses. These, of course, all depend on the extremity of the lift size.

Find a picture of a Brat you like. We can give you a more detailed list of what is needed if we have a better idea.

Do you want an first, or second generation Brat? I don't know it that effects the lift process, or not.

Off-road section has tons of pics, and information on this stuff.

• Like 1

1. I bought both my brats in the south. One from Texas, the other from Oklahoma.

2. Neither of mine are lifted (yet). I hear it is not that difficult, though. Un bolt and put the lift blocks in. The part that you have to be creative on is when we get to rear shocks and steering extension. I believe that's the case for a 2 inch. For anything bigger; you may need brake lines lengthened and longer rad hoses. These, of course, all depend on the extremity of the lift size.

Find a picture of a Brat you like. We can give you a more detailed list of what is needed if we have a better idea.

Do you want an first, or second generation Brat? I don't know it that effects the lift process, or not.

ok thanks ive herd 2nd gens are easier to lift but none are too easy lol

thanks ive herd a 2nd gen is easier to lift than a 1st but if I was going to keep one stock it would be a first gen but some thing like this would be a dream

droid451.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i helped my little bro get his. he wanted a first gen and it was a pain finding(second gen were fairly common). we are both in texas, he lives in the houston area. Most of brats(first or second) that we saw were in dallas. Litereally could not find any closer than that but his ended up being really nice condition barn find. Was worth the drive and the expense of hauling it home. Keep your eye out and I am sure you will stumble across a good one