Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2014 Subaru Forester - Service Engine light on dash

WHY would you not want to have the code read? A new car under warranty there would be no charge at the dealership.

I would be concerned that there is a reason that it is on and the car should be checked.

You are just starting out with a new model, if you want to keep the car for a while you would want to know what is causing it.

It's not like it's a service light that encorages you to get the oil changed or tires rotated, the CEL comes on for a definate reason.

It is the standard service light to change oil, rotate the tires etc

I did the service work myself per the manual, and I am not sure how to reset the light, it come on the center console screen when I turn the car on and goes off after I put it in gear to leave....

Service engine is yellow with picture of an engine? That needs to go to the dealer and have them scan it for codes. (Its under warranty, its free)

If its just a "maintenance reminder" light, look in the owners manual, there should be instructions on how do the secret handshake to reset it.

Something like pat your tummy and rub your head while singing the tra-la-la song, and push all these buttons and it'll blink 15 times fast and reset.