Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Gen Lift Pattern

jmoss5723

I found these drawings a while ago on subaruoutback.org. I have never seen these drawings anywhere else and I thought they might be useful to some people here. If they are already posted here, sorry.

The subaruoutback.org post claims these fit 95-99 Legacy and all Foresters up to 2008, but you might have to do a little measuring to confirm.

If anyone has made a lift using these dimensions, give us a little feedback on it. I plan to make a 1 inch set for my 2004 Forester XS in the near future and I will let you know how it goes.

Link to original post on subaruoutback.org: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/99-do-yourself-illustrated-guides/31520-diy-strut-spacer-lift-templates-3.html

DP3QFPD.jpg

R3vTbPQ.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Personally, if you way lift... Go with iron man springs or kind spring. They'll both give you about 1.5" of lift AND are stiffer and won't sag like stock. Kings are about 460$ a set and iron man are a little over 200$.

From what I've read there both the same, and the only diffrence is the cost. And availability. Possibly what drives the cost down for iron man.

-Prwa

I'm trying to get like an inch of lift as cheaply as possible. I can get HDPE material for like $20 bucks and make spacers myself.

I agree that new springs is an overall better approach, but I can't beat the price. So again I ask, anyone have a print-to-scale file of a template like the one originally posted? Or does anyone know how I can make one?

I know I could take my struts off of the car and figure something out, but with my forester being my only vehicle at the moment, I'd rather have the spacers fabbed in advance so that I can have minimum down time on the car.

Learn solid works or cad and re draw them. That's how I did mine, with calipers and a tape and solid works.

Or print it out, see how much it's off, calculate the diffrence and then either blow it up of shrink it till the measurement = true.

If you've already done it in a CAD program, could you save it as a PDF file that will print to scale on 8.5x11 paper and share it?

I'm sure a lot of people would like to have that.

Sadly enough my computer crashed a month ago and haven't fixed it nor have I figured out what's wrong with it... It had all my drawing on there including my r160 auto locker...

Sorry dude

Best advice for you, get a blank price of paper and draw it out with a pencil and ruler. Like many have done before us.

-Pat

Sadly enough my computer crashed a month ago and haven't fixed it nor have I figured out what's wrong with it... It had all my drawing on there including my r160 auto locker...

Sorry dude

Best advice for you, get a blank price of paper and draw it out with a pencil and ruler. Like many have done before us.

-Pat

That sucks!

I probably will just remove my struts and make a template. I was hoping I could minimize downtime on my car by making the spacers ahead of time since my Forester is my only car at the moment.

Sometimes you just have to do it the hard way, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look in the preza lift thread , I posted a link to my how to for templates, and blocks.

cheers

I skimmed through that thread hoping to find some scaled drawings, but I missed where your link was posted.

I just went back and found it. That's pretty good stuff. Thanks.

That is basically the route I was planning to go.

I'm going to take my struts out and make templates, then cut the plastic with a bandsaw. Then I'll knock the bolts out of my strut tops and replace them with bolts 1 inch longer.

I was hoping I could get a pattern and make the spacers before I took the car apart so that I could minimize downtime for the vehicle. If I had some old strut tops laying around that would be perfect, but I think I'm going to have to do it the hard way.

Just look for a defunct strut top at the yard. Unbolt the strut with a hood in front of it and you don't need a strut compressor. Thats the point.The strut top cover can be found at any junkyard in the back of IMPs and Foresters.

The whole point is the ease of finding those pieces in yards to use as templates.....

Edited by monstaru