Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Naked Intake... clean fuel injectors?

Send them to a company that will use an ultrasonic/chemical cleaner. They can flow test them as well.

Kind of a waste of money though since you can just put them back on and run a good fuel system cleaner (BG44K). Unless there is some problem (subaru injectors hardly ever go bad) I wouldn't bother to mess with them except to put new O-rings on.

Edited by Fairtax4me

Okay so leave em alone, just new o rings. Sounds good. 

Follow up question:

I am mid-motor-swap putting an 02 block in a 00 car. I was advised on this forum to leave ecu, original intake manifold, cam and crank sprockets. The injectors on the 02 manifold which I am not using are 1. newer and 2. different colour/part number. (I can go copy numbers down if needed)

I'd rather use the newer ones, I mean, why not right? More squirts away from death, and possible an improved design. Is there any reason why I can't? Ej251AXAWL 2002 motor from TS, car is 2000 outback ltd Ej251AW3AB. 

Rigt, It's best to keep anything electronic that came from the car with the car. ECU, injectors, TPS, IAC, all that. That manifold will bolt right onto your donor engine, and everything will work just the same.

Cam and crank sprockets changed design in/around 2002. The number of teeth on the reluctor wheels built into the outer edges of the sprockets changed, so you have to match the sprockets to the ECU (00 sprockets with 00 ECU) so the computer can understand the cam and crank sensor signals. The sensors didnt change any as far as I'm aware, just the sprockets.

The only hangup with the injectors would be if they changed the size of the seats where it fits into the rail or the style of the connector.

If they fit the rails and have the same plug they'll work no problem.

Edited by Fairtax4me

Good to hear. I did notice a difference in the cam sprockets so the car specific set are cleaned up and ready for install after my gates timing belt kit arrives. I will order some new injector seals (appears to be 3 seals per injector, 2 into the manifold and one fatty o ring into the rail) and swap for the newer set of 4. I'll get some pics up as well for anybody else going down this path. Thanks :)

Edited by nakedandfam0us