Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rays Brat

Mundog64

The rear disc brake parts are any EA82 Turbo  or XT6 for pads and calipers. Rotors would be depending on 4-lug = EA82T, 5-lug = XT6.

As for the speedometer still not working, cable may not be fully engaged at the dash still.

I have not pulled one from a trans as of yet, but in this case I think I would do so. Then attach a cordless drill to that end and spin the cable, probably have to run drill in reverse. Have helper see if speedometer moves. Try pushing cable housing onto dash attachment more if it doesn't.

Cable is removable from the outer housing, but again, I can't say for sure on which end it pulls out of.

• Like 1

10-4 on the speedo cable details. Thanks fellows. Ill go with the gl model for rear disc brake pads.

Its running even better since I cleared the ecs light. I also cleared another dash light. The 4wd low was constantly on. There were two wires linked that seemed to connect to the original transmssion. Turned the idle down a bit and my CO went fro 5.00 to 0 now.

I can breath now and work on the speedo and brakes since I passed smog today. Thanks USMB folks

post-49780-0-82739700-1390950113_thumb.jpg

I did quite a bit of driving around today. Took a few christmas lights down went and looked at another brat for sale and other errands. I did a quick oil change yesterday and greased a couple of axles. Seems to have a bit more pep since It passed smog. Ive been only using full synthetic 10/30 and 91 octane.

post-49780-0-01214500-1391316062_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mundog64

Looks good! Does the 91 have noticeable power gain?

I believe that the 91 octane helps along with fresh plugs wires cap and rotor. It chirps the tires slightly (just barely) upon heavy acceleration which it did not do before. I notice an incease in power when shifting from 2nd to 3rd which was not there prior to getting it tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

My alternator went out on me Monday before last and I limped home on an already weak battery. I was bummed but remembered the upgrade written here on USMB. Heres a picture of my 89 maxima alt.

Also had my buddy chop up and weld me up a temporary rear bumper. Its awesome.

My alternator went out on me Monday before last and I limped home on an already weak battery. I was bummed but remembered the upgrade written here on USMB. Heres a picture of my 89 maxima alt.

Also had my buddy chop up and weld me up a temporary rear bumper. Its awesome.

post-49780-0-86032400-1392969138_thumb.jpg

post-49780-0-38991000-1392969190_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My awesome bumper had to go. Hey, I had a moment. I've been driving it pretty regulary. I had a scraping noise coming from the right rear and thought it might be bearings. It turned out to be worn washers and an easy fix.

Edited by Mundog64

My awesome bumper had to go. Hey, I had a moment. I've been driving it pretty regulary. I had a scraping noise coming from the right rear and thought it might be bearings. It turned out to be worn washers and an easy fix.

Aye Buck, funny you should mention the Vista.

You can have first shot at it when the day. I like the look of the brat with it on but I could use quicker access to the bed. This may lead to taking the seats out and all this talk of change is stressing me out.

Ray

• 1 month later...

My brat needs another head gasket. I put off properly connecting my radiator fan and I paid for it. my fan was spliced in directly to a headlight and it fried a fusable link (red) causing it to shut off. There are bubbles in the radiator and coolent exiting the exaust. Im passed being pissed and just doing the needful by keeping the radiator full. Heres a pic of my favorite angle