Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks so much for the great responses about my headlight problem! 

Due to rusting, my 04 Impreza TS needs a new hood. If I buy a hood from a body shop and have them paint it, how close will it be to the current color (22G), which has faded over the years? Thanks for any info you can provide. 

Laurie Sabol

Ayer MA

Why don't you just go to a junkyard and get another hood that's the right colour?

There are tons of junkyards in mass.

Some colours are more common than others. I have no idea what 22g means.

Edited by 987687

Yea, I get that. But I don't have a colour code chart in my head. If it's like blue or silver or green you'll probably find one in a junkyard. White seems to be a bit less common, and good luck with red.

check the link that AdventureSubaru posted. ;) 22G is Bright Red III/San Remo Red

Rooster - the hood on my old 89 GL started rusting along the front edge where the seam for inner & outer layers met - but yeah, it is kind of odd that an 04 hood is rusting enough to warrant replacing it

Edited by heartless

I have never heard of a hood rusting, unless it was crumpled in an accident, and never repaired. If the hood has rusted, what is the rust condition of the rest of the car?? Can you show us pictures??

I have a 2001 legacy that has a clean under body and no rust on the front fenders and just a little on the passenger side rear quarter fender, but the windshield side of the hood is all rotted out