Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Greetings from a new owner

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aulthou

Aulthou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Vancouver, BC

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Attached File  Photo 04-10-2013 11 58 28kucuk.jpg   225.45K   16 downloadsHi everyone, I just bought my first Subaru. it's a 2003 Legacy GT with 107k mi on it, an I'm LOVING it, can't believe what I missed out so many years of driving other cars instead of a Subaru. It seemed to be in a good shape except the 'never replaced timing belt'. I need your expertise guys, love getting my hands dirty but never worked on a Subaru before. Here are a few pics of my precious one Thanks!

Edited by Aulthou, 05 October 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#2 belacane

belacane

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • New Orleans, LA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Welcome! 

I believe for soobs of that era, timing belts should be replaced around 90k, so you're not that far off.

Can't wait to hear more and see more pics  :)

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,573 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

You might find that the subaru is easier to work on, although it is odd compared to other standard automobiles. And then you will wonder why the other acars are built the way they are once you get dirty with a subaru.

#4 Aulthou

Aulthou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Vancouver, BC

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

@ MilesFox, I just replaced the heated seat switch lights, it was all like a giant puzzle and not many of those silly plastic clips' like the german cars I've been working on all this time. It already started to make sense what they've done and why they've done it that way.

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,573 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

IF you are used to german cars, you can throw out all of those 13 and 15mm sockets as you won't need them on a soob. Most of the car comes apart with 10, 12, and 14mm, and throw in a little 8mm, 17, and 19mm, and top it off with a 22mm (for the crank pulley) to do any work on the car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users