Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 fuel cell

You better get some suspension parts off a truck thats bigger than a 1 ton plus a custom frame because your going to reck the lift that you bought and break and bend alot of stuff. Another thing to consider is will it tip over on a sharp turn? A better option would be putting the tank on a trailer and hauling it that way.

I see zero problems with this setup.  

Back when I used to decommission underground fuel tanks, one of our vehicles was an econoline box van that had a 275 gallon tote in the box like that one.  When we had it full o'fuel and came up to a stop light the whole vehicle would do this weird multi-axial groove from the slosh-waves.  We got a few looks.  I can't imagine what would happen with one on top of a hatch.

Haters keep hatin'......that ain't nothin new. I tested it out with 30 gallons of gas today and ran it off the auxiliary tank. It doesn't run well, probobly because there was still some agave syrup in the tank (that was the last thing shipped in the tank aparently). I'm going to fill it tonight. I figure with a full 275 gallons, the agave should be diluted enough that I won't have to adjust my mixture on the carb.

So hate all you want, I'll still give you two toots on the horn as I roll by while your FILLING UP AT THE GAS STATION, SUCKA!

• Like 2