Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest Meet Clutch Roast

I just got home from the midwest meet.I am one of the few lucky ones who got out.I do believe that there are 5 Subes still stuck in some very nasty mud.Now before anyone accuses me of ditching my bretheren,I would have had to leave at about 4:00 AM tomorrow get back home in time and every one just got motel rooms for the night.There were a few smoked clutches on that little stretch of gumbo or clay road.Vickaroo,Mick,Joext6(sorry if that isn't your correct board name)and myself were the only ones to get off of that road.Chef Tim smoked the clutch in his lifted hatch trying to pull Miles Fox out and got stuck himself.It had stopped raining by the time me Miles Fox,Chef Tim were able to get my Brat the last hundred yards or so out,but it rained on me all the way to Mitchell SD and I think it was headed there way.So if you are a religeous person please pray for them and if you aren't please just keep them in mind.Thanks,Dave

NOBODY parties like Subaru people!

Damn! In some perverse way, I wish I was there with you. All the honor of warfare, none of the pesky bullets. Keep sloggin', boys, we're pullin' for ya!

-Tim Hansen

(soon to be a bona fide member of the Subaru Alliance w/ '84 Turbo Wagon)

Lotsa photos from "before" don't know if anyone had the presence of mind to get during or after pics. (there is still time :rolleyes: ) Anybody seen Quest for Fire? That's what we looked like walking out of there. Like a bunch of wet, muddy, beaten cavemen. (Tim had mud in his ears!!) At least nobody is hurt, and this is one meet that will be remembered for a long time to come. (so how about some commemorative "I was stuck at MWSM2" decals Mick?) :drunk: