Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Power window differences???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 subiekid

subiekid

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Coeur d'Alene

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:12 AM

I was just wondering if the power windows in a 1985 GL wagon and a 88 XT were the same. The cable for the window in the xt is all screwed up and won't stay on the reel so I was wondering if I could just rob the setup out of my 85 GL and put it in the XT. Thanks!!
Scott

#2 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,290 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:14 AM

I've never torn apart an XT's doors, so I don't know much about their power windows, but by your saying "cable" I'm going to say they are different. Cause the GL-10's (which I've torn quite a few apart), have gears that run the regulator off the motor. But don't take my word for gospel.

#3 subiekid

subiekid

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Coeur d'Alene

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:16 AM

yeah, the XT has some weird cable system to operate the window. It is one pain in the arse! Thanks!
Scott

#4 Hocrest

Hocrest

Function becomes Fun

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Cressona/Pittston

Posted 25 April 2004 - 09:42 PM

Yeah there is a definate difference between the two. The only other soob door that I have been inside of that has a cable drive is the SVX. And that regulator is slightly different.

A couple of guys on subaru-svx.net have mentioned that they replaced the cable with brake/gearshift cable from a bicycle shop....

I do have a passenger side XT regulator in my basement that I can get photos of if you need help with the spooling...

email me if I can help

#5 subiekid

subiekid

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Coeur d'Alene

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:32 AM

hocrest: you have mail!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users