Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I went to the dark side (gasp)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Buddy

Buddy

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you"

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Stockton

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Its time i came clean here.....yeah so ummm 2 years ago I kinda crossed over to the dark side and got myself an Audi (gasp)

2001 Audi A6 quattro wagon (yes gotta have a wagon) with 176,000 current miles. Picked it up with 130,000 miles in 2011.

Any thoughts?

P.S. yes I still have my 85 GL dual range 4WD wagon. Best car combo I've had so far. People always stare at my driveway when I have both wagons parked together lol

#2 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Gold Subscribers
  • 5,512 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

...Any thoughts? ...

Yes: Don't forget to change the Audi's Timing Belt before reachin' the Mileage written in the Manual...

I've seen horrid things happening to an Audi A4 due to a Timin' belt burst, and despite that I'm not an Audi guy and I don't know exactly the Engine Details of the A6, I believe it worth the Advice, at least in my own Humble opinion.

Kind Regards.

#3 Buddy

Buddy

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Stockton

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yes: Don't forget to change the Audi's Timing Belt before reachin' the Mileage written in the Manual...

I've seen horrid things happening to an Audi A4 due to a Timin' belt burst, and despite that I'm not an Audi guy and I don't know exactly the Engine Details of the A6, I believe it worth the Advice, at least in my own Humble opinion.

Kind Regards.

yes these are interference engines. The 2001 A6 base engine is the same as the A4 the 2.8L V6. With proper maintenance it's the most reliable engine in the A6 line up from that year. The 2.7T V6 can be problematic like the ea82T...

#4 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

sweet cars they are, but i hope you like paying dearly for parts.

#5 Buddy

Buddy

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Stockton

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

sweet cars they are, but i hope you like paying dearly for parts.

heaven forbid I went to the stealership for parts or service! Luckily with the help of research I found a couple of well known websites that sell parts for Audi at a much reasonable price over the parts department plus I do most of the wrenching and maintenance at home with my dad that helps so that helps keep costs down as well. And I've also joined an Audi forum similar to us here at USMB that has helped a lot too :)

#6 Buddy

Buddy

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Stockton

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

sweet cars they are,.

AND every time I see a an EA81 or EA82 suby in any parking lot i proudly park next to it with my Audi even if people stare at me weird cuz I choose to park the fancy pants car next to the according to them the "junk car". I hate seeing people park away like as if the suby is going to make their car loose value.

Edited by Buddy, 12 October 2013 - 01:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users