Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RustyBrat

Okay ive got the lift kit and hardware ready to go on, but im confused on one piece. Where does this go ?

post-49858-0-53245900-1386272106_thumb.j

Not sure, but it could be off the transmission ? 

Alternatively the front engine cross member mounts - Do the holes line up with anything ? ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Edited by Bantum

Well, I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the older Subes will chime in, but until then.....if your struts are like the 3rd gen, after the pinch bolt holding the strut body to the hub is removed, you're gonna need to whack the spoob out the hub to get it to pop free of the strut. Or if you're lucky, just stand on the hub with a bar and it'll pop.

The front is lifted! Man that was difficult haha! The front crossmember blocks were easy, bolted right up, the rear crossmember blocks were different though, i had to drill them out bigger to accomodate the bolts. No big deal, until i got to the strut hats. First, i had to cut and grind them down to fit. Then i had to widen the holes with the milling machine. I ended up taking both the struts completely out and forcing the hats on, then putting the struts back in. Had to beat the struts out with a hammer! Camber is off, but im not worried about that right now, i'll fix it later.

IMG_0245_zps6aa3138f.jpgIMG_0246_zpsa2b0afb6.jpgIMG_0247_zps1a912bbd.jpgIMG_0248_zps17e77d87.jpgIMG_0249_zpsac20c6ac.jpg

Edited by RustyBrat

gonna get the rear lift done by the 20th i hope, along with the steering extension and the shifters, that way i can take my grandpa out for a ride when he comes up for christmas and show him how far its come! (this was his brat that he gave to me) cant really figure out how to make these shifters work, i want to cut and weld so they fit through the holes in the trans tunnel, but they are stinkin aluminum! so i think im just going to build new ones.

• Like 1

Yeah i realized that before i put the struts back in, luckily the tops just spin around so i didnt have to switch them. That picture actually makes the camber look worse than it really is, its like 4 degrees off, no big deal. Thank you! It sits a lot higher than i imagined!