Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RustyBrat

no not yet, not sure if im actually going to fix that yet. i really dont like these struts... they are so stiff that i dont have any flex up front. im thinking im just going to use coilovers in the front instead, im thinking vw bug coilovers will be a pretty good match for weight, but im not sure yet.

Pulled the fender off the wagon that i need, put the bad brat fender on the wagon. Pulled the other fender and doors off the brat, and the hood. Wire brushed and bedlined everywhere under the fenders. Tomorrow im going to get the doors fenders and hood in the shop and start sanding and painting.

IMG_0339_zps0cd0315f.jpgIMG_0340_zpsd415a1a8.jpgIMG_0341_zpsfe4cf45f.jpgIMG_0342_zpsd2a02f60.jpgIMG_0343_zpsa83e5bf4.jpgIMG_0344_zps60cecb8e.jpgIMG_0345_zps5076e63f.jpg

Edited by RustyBrat

Okay so dont hate on me here... I know most dont like it but i decided to tint my lights all around :) i love how they turned out! I just used rustoleum spray on lens tint. On the headlights and fog lights i just did a light tint, just enough to turn them grey. On the tail lights, blinkers, and clearance lights i went ALMOST full blackout :) butjudging by holding a dim light under them before and after, i didnt lose any visibility or brightness :)

post-49858-0-44948900-1389146290_thumb.jpg

post-49858-0-71920400-1389146300_thumb.jpg

post-49858-0-81200100-1389146310_thumb.jpg

I have found that i like almost every car subaru makes, I used to own a 93 legacy which i sold for my Brat, my brother has owned a few ea 82 wagons and an ea81 wagon, but this will be my first experiance with anything older than the second gens. I go down to California to get it this june, i will have to post op some pics of it when i get it, it is almost entirely rust free. anyways, good luck with your project, i can not wait to see what you do with your Brat, looks good so far, i like what you did with blacking out the lights.

i like it, i like almost anything you can do with these vehicles rather it be make them showroom stock all the ways to lifting the crap out of them or lowering them, everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Edited by J.T.R
  • Like 1

well i installed my lights today! i was worried they would block too much light but they dont at all :) i fixed my headlights as well. it used to be i had headlights one day and not the next. turns out, one of my power cables off the battery was frayed about a foot and a half away from the terminal. i spliced that and everything works now! i now have running lights as well, which i did not have before! i have one blinker, the other one doesnt seem to be getting any power to the blinker can. and i have dash lights too, which is new! i would upload the pics, but it wont let me! D:

been at a standstill on the brat waiting for paint, shipping hassle with home depot. they gave me the wrong tracking numbers so i contacted them and they "recalled my order" and "refunded me" and today i come home and guess whats waiting for me on the porch! PAINT! :grin: oh and in case you are wondering (probably not but i feel like bragging) whats the deal with the car stereo behind the box of paint in my picture, i built my own surround sound system! why? i was bored because i couldnt work on my brat! haha, anyway ive got a DUAL brand stereo powered by an old computer power supply pushing 4 magnavox surround sound speakers, two components and two mid/highs. and ALSO i have a 600 watt bridged amp powered by the same computer power supply pushing a DUAL brand 875 watt subwoofer to top it all of :) yeah, the neighbors hate me! anyway, im excited to be getting back to work on my brat! swapping engines and trannies between the brat and the wagon this weekend, should be an adventure!

bbea9e4f6bd0adb86110543c04bfa539_zps3c6a

68228523747f3da70397dd27aed1ddb9_zpsc214