Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Heater blower circuit - 92 Legacy

I am troubleshooting subject circuit, and actually the problem also effects the brake lights and the horn. Anyway, I have an electronic copy of the factory service manual but it seems to be missing the pages that include the portion of the wiring diagram that covers these items. So.......my questions are:

Is a complete FSM freely available?

If not, can anyone help me come up with the pages/diagrams that I need?

General question/comment:  I have not been active on this sight for about a year and it has changed.  Seems it is harder to search for stuff, etc.  It could very well be just my unfamiliarity with the new format, or maybe a reflection on my general ineptitude in things digital.  Have older posts been delected?

Ha!  No problem, Tax.

Actually what I'm doing is finally getting around to properly fixing a problem that came up back in Winter 2012.  There was a detailed thread  on it. Is there a way for me to attach a link here to that thread so that anyopne interested does not have to search for it?

OK, thanks.  Link is attached below.

What has happened in the mean time is that although I thought I had "fixed" the problem by cleaning the connector pins in plug F41, the connection of the BR power feed wire to the fuse box (F/B) must have remained dodgey.  This car has only seen intermittant use since then and most of it was by my sons (!), but apparently not only the heater blower, but also the brake lights and the horn have been intermittantly failing to operate.  I started driving the car again recently and noticed this and when I looked at the connector I was horrified (well, maybe that's too dramatic) to see that the BR wire, where it enters the connector plug, had its insulation melted and there were brown burn marks on the plastic plug itself in the area of the related pin.

So I was just looking for a complete wiring dagram so I can reacquaint myself with the circuit.  I think I have it all sussed out at this point though.

Thanks!

Mike V.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/125909-92-legacy-heater-fan/?hl=%2Bheater+%2Bblower

Edited by Mikevan10