Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

14er Subie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1badmkIrocco

1badmkIrocco

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Boulder Colorado

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

I've wanted a Subaru since I first drove a Girlfriends '95 Legacy about 10 years ago.  Never really had the chance or need to get on until recently when I picked up this one for my Girlfriend to use as her Winter car.  We never got a chance to teach her to drive it and her Z4 is now stranded on an Island (due to the floods last month) probably until the spring. So I'm driving the Subaru and she's got my Grand Cherokee.  We've taken it on a couple local trips over the last couple weeks and I'm really loving the fuel economy ~29mpg. 

I felt like I paid too much, ($1,900) but it does have a really clean interior and it ran and drove fine and has 4 new Michelin tires, there's a lot of Subarus in Boudler but they command a premium compared to the rest of the country.  I did replace 1 axle and have to replace to oil pres switch and the valve covers and plan on doing a timing belt job as soon as I can get back home.

This was up at the top fo Pike's Peak last weekend.

903444_10151985139768109_1315122598_o.jp

Tried taking it up Tin Cup but it didn't have the ground clearance.

1274829_10151985141928109_1751867376_o.j

#2 AdventureSubaru

AdventureSubaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Scotts Valley, CA

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Nice car! You can get the added ground clearance if you want it by swapping Forester or Outback struts into it. Looks really clean and straight for a first gen legacy.

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Your car is retrofittable with parts up thru 99 legacy as far as struts, engine, or transmission, or suspension parts. I really love these first gen legacy. They seem to be built more tightly than the 95-99, especially with the interior. I would pay good money for a good example (not rusted out)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users