Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good source for exhaust parts??

Can anyone direct me to a good online source for exhaust parts? I'm specifically looking for a high quality resonator pipe that's between the cat and the muffler for a '86 GL Wagon 4WD.....I'm tired of replacing this pipe every other year or so, and the muffler looks like it might last another year......This winter stuff with all the road salt is wreaking havoc on my Soob, not to mention the ever increasing rust holes on my frame........or will there be any suppliers at Carlisle that may have parts like this in stock??????

Thanks for the info.....SubaruParts.com was way too expensive.....all other part sites were about $10-15 bucks more expensive than Express Auto Parts.com.

Their shipping is free for orders over $50 bucks, all orders shipped UPS ground to arrive in 2-5 business days...not bad....Am getting everything from the Y-pipe back to the tail end of the muffler with all gaskets for $143 bucks...if it lasts me another couple of years I'll be happy

My opinion from experience here on the east coast is that $350 front to rear is expected,and not too bad.We all want to pay less but I've never been able to do a front to rear exhaust job for less than $300.Add hardware and gaskets and you're right around $350 evey time.

Good luck,let us know what you find because I need to do at least 2 cars complete.

No Sorry , it's everything from the Y Pipe back, that is,not including the Y Pipe Cat itself. So I got the middle muffler pipe, the rear muffler, both gaskets and the springs in between the Y pipe and the middle muffler for $143 bucks. I replaced the Y Pipe Cat last year from a place called Catalytic converters.com and that price was $181.still real cheap and it came boxed so UPS wouldnt damage it during sorting............Chongo