Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

how to remove radiator ea82t

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AWD J3wman

AWD J3wman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Richfield, MN

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

first off F#ck this godd##ned EA82T POS engine, I want to find the person responsible for this and violate them.

now that i have that off my chest, i cant find a tutorial on how to remove the radiator out of an EA82, looks pretty straight forward except for the space constraint with the mechanical fan in the way. How do i get around that?

If anyone has a youtube video or a link to a thread, maybe im just retarded and missed it.

#2 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,900 posts
  • WV

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

remove fans

remove hoses - coolant/ATF, overflow

unbolt the two 12mm upper bolts securing the radiator in place

out it comes

not much to it.  just remove whatever is in the way...like the fan.

the mechanical fan is annoying, i'd throw it away and install an electric fan myself.

#3 AWD J3wman

AWD J3wman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Richfield, MN

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

thats what i was wondering if i could maneuver around it or if it had to come out... im getting real sick of this cars sh#t

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,900 posts
  • WV

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

it's been awhile since i did one but i think the fan has to come out...i tossed the last one i did in the trash.

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Remove the mechanical fan with a 22mm or 7/8" wrench to hold the shaft still, and unbolt the nuts with a 10mm.

You can leave the electric fans on the radiator. Remove the lower hose form the water pump, and leave the upper hose with theengine. You can get it out form there.

Edited by MilesFox, 17 October 2013 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users