Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1999 Outback with ej22 swap. what's it worth?

Sounds over priced to me, though it appears to be in good shape. It is not the top of the line model, as it has cloth seats. I bought my 99 OBW about 6 years ago for about $4200, with normal yearly depreciation, I would guess that about $3500 would be a fair price. Maybe used Subies cost more in Montana, but I can't imagine that much more.

that's probably about right for the northwest - prices out there are way high. 

that would be really high out here too.  listing appears gone.

due to age and Subaru specific knowledge of that swap - the price is not affected by the engine swap.  so compare it to all the other subaru's in your area via craigslist, used car lots, autotrader, etc and you'll see quickly what the going rates are.  consider it equal to any other vehicle with the original EJ25.

Edited by grossgary

We just got back from checking it out.

The interior is pretty much spotless, exterior in good condition.

Out here in MT though, used subarus go for much higher than other places I've seen. They are in really high demand and one doesn't generally find one with less than 200k.

The wife is pretty set on getting it. We gave him a deposit today.

It's a tough call, we've been looking around for a while now and are at the point where we need two vehicles, like tomorrow.

Looks like we'll be biting the bullet. :/