Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Liberty fuel tank in an l series

yobhgareb

Hi guys, I have bought a 2.0 liberty as an engine donor for my l series, which is the ea82 carb motor. To save a lot of hassle, could I put the liberty fuel tank under my l series ? I ask as I know there are guys on here who know the undersides of both cars like the back of their hands! any help would be great :)

L has the tank mounted behind the rear diff. Liberty saddles it over the rear diff. Why would the L series tank cause a lot of hassle? You just need an external high pressure fuel pump.

I just want to get it done as cost effective as possible. external pump is the way to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously? How about turbo models? They were all EFI.

There were other changes for EFI rather than just the tank.

The EFI models had a bigger diameter fuel feed line. The line down on the left side chassis rail becomes the return line & one of the upper lines was replaced to become the feed line.

It would be preferable to get someone to make this up for you. A brake shop should be able to recommend somene. It's the same type of piping.

There is room under the back seat to install an external swirlpot sideways. Get the original Carb pump to feed it, then use an EFI pump after that.

Alternatively, search for the tank, pump + bracket, lines from elsewhere in Europe (Scandinavia seems to still have a few)