Next came some pretty work. I figured there would be all sorts of casting under these valves to hog out and blend in. I was wrong. Being that this is my first EA81 build, had to learn a little as I went. I sure wish that the intake runners were siamesed together instead of the exhaust Theres no good way to get flow through these heads and not much material to change the flow characteristics.
Theres a tiny pile of shavings from doing one head, thats probably 90% of the material that I took out.
Then it was time to cut the valves and smooth out the combustion chambers so when I add the turbo, there are no hot spots.