Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1978 DL Wagon FWD JDM style Project

DL 1978 wagon front wheel drive

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 the_bbgun

the_bbgun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • SLC, UT

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Well, I wasn't pushing very hard to sell my car and now I'm not going to sell it but push forward on my plans that I had in the first place.

Has anyone had experience putting on wider wheels?

I'm going to just do smooth steelies but I want to go wider and I'm not sure of what offset and so on to do.

Any insight would be awesome. Thanks!

#27 speeds2much

speeds2much

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bremerton WA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

i've got set of cragar trailer wheels in 6x5.5 bolt patern and 15x8's. Rolled fenders and they fit great

#28 the_bbgun

the_bbgun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • SLC, UT

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

i've got set of cragar trailer wheels in 6x5.5 bolt patern and 15x8's. Rolled fenders and they fit great

This may be a stupid question but did you have to put an adapter on or drill the hub or did the 6x5.5 fit on the 4x140?

#29 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

2nd gen hoarder

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

This may be a stupid question but did you have to put an adapter on or drill the hub or did the 6x5.5 fit on the 4x140?

Knock out two studs diagonal to each other on the hub. Then mark where to drill on the hub by mounting the wheel to the hub or where to drill the wheel if you want to keep the 4x140 pattern.

#30 the_bbgun

the_bbgun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • SLC, UT

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

That's good to know. I actually found a few places that will do custom bolt patterns. But what offset did you use on the 15x8s?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users