Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

93 subaru loyal problem "bogging" out plz help

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 l75eya

l75eya

Almost has it all figured out

• Members
  • 1,744 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

I repeat, power seatbelt control unit is in the trunk.

#27 notliving

notliving

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • vancouver

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

I have had this same issue with my 88GL Coupe since I've owned it. Runs great and gets great mileage but has a bog while accelerating. If I were to accelerate from a dead stop without feathering the throttle the car will bog down. Have not looked into the PCV valve yet and I do have a new fuel filter on the shelf.

It has never really bothered me too much but it would be nice to be able to enter traffic without having to worry about being rear ended due to slow acceleration.

#28 subarupert

subarupert

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • everett WA

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I had a similar problem turned out to be spark plug wires.

#29 scoobiedubie

scoobiedubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Aloha, Oregon

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

If all else fails, change out the distributor.

#30 Phishnoob

Phishnoob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Just went through all this.  New ignition everything made things better.  A new throttle body from a car at the junkyard fixed it more.

I had a check engine, so replaced both EGR solenoids with 33 ohm resistors and ran a vacuum line bypassing each of the two solenoids.  The car as of yesterday runs perfectly now.  The check engine light never came back.

If you do have the solenoid valve code, then I'll help you out on this with info and pics.  Those cost like 90 bucks each, and the junkyard just had crappy ones to swap out with my crappy ones.

#31 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,954 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

Try running a wire from - side of battery to bottom bolt on coil bracket and cleanup body this bracket must be well grounded or weak spark and injector pulse

#32 LoyaleSmith

LoyaleSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Milwaukie, Oregon

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

what everyone else said. tune your spoob up. get some gas additive and run it through your car. find someone with a timing light. replace your fuel filter. replace your PCV for 3 dollars. drive it like the gutless old beast it is.

#33 scoobiedubie

scoobiedubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Aloha, Oregon

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

Loose intake manifold bolts, or bad intake manifold gaskets or cylinder head gaskets that need to be replaced, will cause a bog that will drive you nuts, and will also be accompanied by coolant disappearing from the overflow bottle and a white residue on spark plugs.

#34 scoobiedubie

scoobiedubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Aloha, Oregon

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

A bad O2 sensor or one that looks like it is hooked up but actually is not, will cause an incredible amount of bogging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users