Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest 2 Status/Recovery updated:(and how to send $)

sedan title is in the glovebox, with bill of sale

the turbo wagon also has the title and bill of sale in the glovebox

I put the sedan parts - ps, ac, brackets, belts in the wagon, and will be washing and cleaning the wagons this weekend, and will check into the turbo issue

will have to get sedan to my place on the schedule, need the address of its location to find a good route

the list of parts to pick up from McBrat includes: ea82 heads, 82 tail light, and chrome trim, is this all?

I've been busy, and have posted some, found camera with more pics!

also took a picture of the damage, will post later :mad:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attn: Shawn.....

As soon as I get Tims hatch home.... Ill check to see if your pry bar is in it... If it is Ill get it into the snail mail ASAP... Going to call Ian tonight about when he will be heading this way for our little run-a-way hatch... Vicky

This is Vicky....

Just got off the phone with Ian, and is bringing Tims car home Sat. night...

Those who where at the meet know me and Im not a harsh spoken person so please dont take this as such...

Ian said none of the people with the cars stuck gave him any money, Just Tim and I... 150.00 to split 3 ways... These guys may not have gotten your cars out but they did try, They went out in the rain and nasty mud with their high dollar trucks and 2 of them got some damage.... besides that they used alot of gas and everyone knows the cost of gas today... and the cost of washing the trucks... So if everyone could pitch in and send these guys a few dollars then maybe, someone can call on them again... Lets not show them the USMB people are not grateful for their help and give us a bad name in that town.... Tim and I have put ALOT of money out on this trip already.... Our hotel room, and another one for some of the other guys, that was over 100.00, 150.00 to the guys, and now 300.00 to get Tims car home cause he was trying to help others... so Im sure everyone can come up with something... Thanks Guys!!!!! Vicky

Vicki-

I do agree with your point, I believe they do deserve something for the valiant effort, even though it was moot.

I paid Russ (the cop) all the cash I had for his tractor diesel costs. It was only $60.00 but it did get us out. In addition I had to put the Miles fox boys up for another night ($70.00 for the cabin) and I assisted them with some gas money ($20.00). By Monday evening when I saw him last, I was tapped out.

I will call him tonight and let him and the boys know that we did not stiff them and I will get his address to send them reimbersment.

I will cover the expense personally and I will requests "Donations" from the rest of the crew. I will send them $100.00 which I believe should cover all fuel costs and maybe some "Damage" (most of their operational problems were caused by their zealousnous in flinging mud....)

I appreciate your prompting, as I do care about our board's reputation and we will protect it. A a matter of fact, we were asked to come back. I was told "Don't let this stop you from coming back!" And their right, even with the problems I enjoyed the country.

Take care,

Kurt

Please let me know where to send money. I wanted to give Russ some as well, but wasn't sure I'd have enough to get home. I will also chip in for Ian and the boys even though they didn't end up making an attempt on my van, I still appreciate their willingness to do so.

Keep me posted on the road repair cost as well, when we find out what it is, I'll chip in on that too.

Are we just going to use the board's paypal account? Or will we set up a new account for this?

Lemme know.

Thanks!

RedLance

I wasn't around during those guys' attempts, so I didn't know what kind of reimbursement was agreed on. (wich is not to say that I'm not thankful to them, or unwilling to donate) I also intend to get Mike's (the guy on the corner) address, and send them a thank you & some flowers or something. He was very helpful also, in driving us around, allowing us to leave our rides at his place, helping Shawn's parents load the brat, etc. I also intend to throw for road repair. It may take me a while to contribute much, though. I'm totally broke now, and mom just threw $375 for the repairs to my car. (which had to be done right away, 'cause I'm driving it to Denver in part 1 of my move back there in 2 weeks.) So If I don't pitch in right away, please know that I fully intend to!

Kurt you are a GREAT GUY!!!!! :)

Thanks everyone for comming through again... What a great bunch to be stuck in the muddie uck with!!!!! I told Ian yall would come through...

Kurt I didnt know you gave the farmer anymoney from what I saw here no one said anything about giving him any...

OK Fox and the crew. said they would help so Im sure they will...

I was reading my post and I didnt put a nt on my dont and it looked like I was comming across as peeved and I wasnt I promise... I was going to get a few extra dollar in the morning from the bank if no one answered this and give it in the name of the board... But thanks to Kurt it is taken care of.. again Kurt What a GREAT GUY!!! Thanks Again EVERYBODY!!!! Vicky

One week to the day and the Ruzilla is home where she belongs....Tim will be sooooooooo happy to know his baby is home... (if he ever gets to get in touch with me....)

But the guys where great!!! Wants us to come back and go mudding with them... and to just look them up when we are in that neck of the woods...

P.S. Kurt do you have a phone number or addy for the farmer so I can send him some money also... Thanks Vicky

UPDATE:

If you would like to send $ for recovery efforts, road repair fund, etc please email me, IM me, etc and I will get you a mailing address.

so Im sure everyone can come up with something... Thanks Guys!!!!! Vicky

It's not that ppl arent willing to donate its that we simply cant? I emailed ShawnW about donating specificly to the Midwest fiasco and have not heard back with a mailing address or anything.

Donations can be made exactly like donations to the board, just put in a note it's for the recovery expenses.

if paypal is used, go through the normal donation screens.

if snail mail, send to:

Ultimate Subaru Club

6208 Holcomb Ave.

Des Moines, Ia 50322

Sorry about that Morgan I thought I had replied. Thanks Mick.

Side note, 3 new pics just uploaded to the album of my mud cleanup. Filled an entire bobcat bucket with the mud and at least 1/2 of it fell off on the trailer and didn't make it to the mud. http://usmb.net/gallery/Midwest-2/DSC00043 is the first picture and another after that. The 3rd pic is my jumpseats that I didn't show off at the meet cuz I was going to at the Pizza place we never made it to.

Donations can be made exactly like donations to the board, just put in a note it's for the recovery expenses.

if paypal is used, go through the normal donation screens.

if snail mail, send to:

Ultimate Subaru Club

6208 Holcomb Ave.

Des Moines, Ia 50322

Awsome, thanks.

Guest Vickaroo

Hey Shawn!!! I think everyone that walked out of that hole, each had that much mud on them, not just the cars... Tim for one had that much just in one ear!!!! LOL But cools jump seats!!!! I havent even started on the clean up on mine or Tims yet Im waiting for the mud monster his self to get home!!!! :brow: Vicky

No bill yet but we all should chip in to the guy that pulled all the cars out with his tractor.

Im out a prybar too. Somebody left it behind during the recovery effort. Zanny didn't make arrangements with the Ford truck guys to get Joy's sweatshirt back either so I am out that too. And the dent in my tailgate. Oh well I would say we got off lucky.