Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need help to locate the trailer wiring connector...

I bought a plug in converter for trailer wiring, the directions say that it is on the left side, from the rear, I pulled everything apart on that side (drivers) and located the wires going to the back, but not the plug that I need to plug in to.  I felt along the entire length in the cargo area, no luck.  I also followed over to the right side and didn't see anything on that path.  I did not pull anything on the right side to look.   The only good I got out of it, was I found a little green wire that goes to the antenna box (by clarion) for the window antenna has the sheathing frayed, so I have to tape it off, so it doesn't rub anymore off... 

Anyone have any knowledge on where this thing is ???  Please and thank you in advance.  

Sorry, I thought the year and model was listed in my profile... my bad.  But it is an 01 OBW LL Bean VDC.    

I called tech support on the trailer box, they were of no help, said if you don't see it on the driver's side, pull apart the passenger side.  

I will do that...

Just was hoping to have overlooked it in a pocket or secret compartment or something... lol

My 2003 LL Bean (BTW it has to be a beaner or a VDC, can't be both for

01) had it on the passenger side just behind the wheel hump, I had to

pull the styrofoam pads on the hatch floor in order to find it.

this^.

mine was taped up on the harness.

look for a fat spot in the wiring.

unless you remove the side wall of the cargo area, you are going by feel behind the wheel well.

Edited by johnceggleston