Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pcv mods for weber

Hey guys, I'm about to do a weber swap on my ea82 this weekend. The process seems pretty straight forward except the pcv routing. I've been looking at loyale2.7s weber thread, but I'm still a little confused by the pics on how to plumb the pcv hoses into the air box. And im not using an oil catch can. Does anyone have any close up pics I can look at?

Check these -this is an EA81 but the pcv system is so simple...my carb is reversed in direction to accomodate the acc cable, so ideally the airbox fitting would be on the back side. The EA82 has a 'T' connector, where the 81 has that 'F' thingy. Just route the side going to the stock assembly to the Weber box base, add a brass hose fitting, and you're done. I'm thinking mine is 3/8".

I've not needed an oil catch, not sure why one is needed on others'. Seems like there would be quite a bit of pressure to blow oil enough to be a problem. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

post-33119-0-44487400-1383681527_thumb.jpg

post-33119-0-17884800-1383681593_thumb.jpg

It is Easy:

... I've been looking at loyale2.7s weber thread, but I'm still a little confused by the pics on how to plumb the pcv hoses into the air box. ...

If you forget about the Oil Catch Can, these simple three steps are the Way to do it:

► The Driver's Side hose is the one that Sends the Fumes to be Sucked by the PCV Valve, so you must place a 5/8" Hose from that side's head cover to the PCV Valve,

► The other side (Passenger's Side) is the one that sucks fresh air from the Air filter box, so you must place another 5/8" hose, from that side's head cover to the Air filter Box.

► You must use a "T" inbetween the Driver's Side 5/8" Hose, in order to do a 3/8" Detour to the Air filter Box, in order to Lower the Pressure on the System and thus means to prevent oil from being sucked by the PCV Valve.

I Already placed Photos and same explanation, here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/71510-ideas-on-swaping-a-weber-carb-on-ea82´s/#entry1027151

Kind Regards.