Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pcv mods for weber

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 espey_16

espey_16

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Tenino Wa

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hey guys, I'm about to do a weber swap on my ea82 this weekend. The process seems pretty straight forward except the pcv routing. I've been looking at loyale2.7s weber thread, but I'm still a little confused by the pics on how to plumb the pcv hoses into the air box. And im not using an oil catch can. Does anyone have any close up pics I can look at?

#2 rrgrr

rrgrr

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Bloomington

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Check these -this is an EA81 but the pcv system is so simple...my carb is reversed in direction to accomodate the acc cable, so ideally the airbox fitting would be on the back side. The EA82 has a 'T' connector, where the 81 has that 'F' thingy. Just route the side going to the stock assembly to the Weber box base, add a brass hose fitting, and you're done. I'm thinking mine is 3/8".

I've not needed an oil catch, not sure why one is needed on others'. Seems like there would be quite a bit of pressure to blow oil enough to be a problem. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached Files

#3 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,674 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

It is Easy:

... I've been looking at loyale2.7s weber thread, but I'm still a little confused by the pics on how to plumb the pcv hoses into the air box. ...

If you forget about the Oil Catch Can, these simple three steps are the Way to do it:

► The Driver's Side hose is the one that Sends the Fumes to be Sucked by the PCV Valve, so you must place a 5/8" Hose from that side's head cover to the PCV Valve,

► The other side (Passenger's Side) is the one that sucks fresh air from the Air filter box, so you must place another 5/8" hose, from that side's head cover to the Air filter Box.

► You must use a "T" inbetween the Driver's Side 5/8" Hose, in order to do a 3/8" Detour to the Air filter Box, in order to Lower the Pressure on the System and thus means to prevent oil from being sucked by the PCV Valve.

I Already placed Photos and same explanation, here:

~► http://www.ultimates...s/#entry1027151

Kind Regards.

#4 espey_16

espey_16

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Tenino Wa

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Ok cool thank you, the detour hose was kind what was throwing me off.

#5 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,674 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

You're Welcome!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users