Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am looking for more power down low below 1000 RPM

Scott in Bellingham

Hydrogen and Oxygen gasses separated through electrolysis.

The problem has always been creating enough of it to actually be worth using.  If you want to produce alot of it, you need alot of electricity, which bogs down the ALT, so claims to improved effieciency are inconsistant.  It's always variable depending on the type of system you run.

You can produce it at home, and then capture and transfer it.....but hydrogen is hard to contain, and very explosive too......

I have yet to see an HHO system with any real world practical returns.

While serving in the Submarine Navy  I ran the Oxygen generators,

Pure water plus Potassium plus high voltage equals Hydrogen gas and Oxygen Gas.

H20 + K + V = H2 O2

although the machines were each bigger than an L series.

Im still looking for a 2.2 and was doing some reading looks like you wana find 1999+ 2.2 heads for lower torque rpm's and better air flow 0n a 1996- engine to keep non interfaces engine

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_EJ_engine

99 heads won't fit any of the older intake setups.....so you'd need the 99 2.2 harness ECU as well.

Just get a 90-96 EJ22

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this isn't quite ready for mass use, and is probably way out of budget to get them to fit it to your engine, but if you eliminated the camshafts, you could probably get a lot more torque at low rpm, without sacrificing your high rpm.  This video is part of a series done touring the Swedish car maker, Koenigsegg.  This particular one, the explain one of their technologies they are working on for the future, called the Cargen Free Valve System.  Probably not practical yet, but something to get your brain going.

I really don't know if it hurts the engine, but retarding the timing will give you CRAZY torque down low. Back when I didn't know anything about timing, I had mine set pretty much right on top dead center. You could let it idle up 10 degree hills no problem. Ran like crap in any other situation though.

• 2 weeks later...