Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OBDI Scan Gauge?

Scan Gauge OBDI

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

G'day,

I'm running an EJ22 in my L series - I'm looking at adding a scan gauge to my setup to further monitor the ECU and engine parameters when out bush.

I've seen them on my mate's OBDII subarus and they're a good unit - my problem is finding one for the OBDI system.

Has anyone got one on their early legacys or can point me in the right direction of a suitable unit for the OBDI system?

Regards

Bennie

#2 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 5,017 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

I don't think there really is such a thing. I'm not sure ODB1 had any kind of data interface port or did it? Or if it does it's probably very limited, in kind of a pacman vs call of duty sort of way.

#3 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,472 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

All I recall actually doing for ODBI was shorting 2 pins and watching the check-engimne light flash... I know there was a reader of some sort but nowhere near the sophistication of ODBII.

#4 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,488 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Look up Free- SSM.
It's an open source software that works like Subaru Select Monitor. Need a laptop and a certain plug to hook up to the Yellow SSM1 plug in the car. Plenty of info on the interwebz about it. I think there are a few other programs that are similar as well, just can't remember any names off-hand.

#5 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,472 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Romraider is another, I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users