Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

3.545 x 4.11 x 1.59 x 2 = 46.33

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,091 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

46.33 Crawl ratio??  Is that Too low???

I mean am I gonna use 1st Lo/Lo ???

Perhaps I should use 3.7 diffs? Hmm....That would only be 41.7

IDK.....Just looking for thoughts from those that have added t-cases or otherwise adjusted gearing.

Scott....you made that crazy sideways engine thing with the final drive outputs feeding the front and rear diffs?

Was that a D/R trans? and how was the gearing in that???  3.545 x 3.9 x 1.59 x 3.9= 85.73!!! 

The reason I ask....Is I'm considering an EJ trans with a welded center to feed into the transfercase....Stronger EJ clutch options.

That would be 3.545 x 2 x 4.11 = 29.13   Hmm..... maybe not low enough.  Maybe 4.44 diffs = 31.48??? hmm....that sounds good.  Stock EA gearing is 21.98  so that could be a good jump.

Thoughts.

#2 capn_r

capn_r

Pseudo Soob Noob

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Morton WA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Maybe consider a Samurai transfer case. Stock is iirc 2.28 low range and 1.4 reduction in high range and they have good aftermarket support. Any of the lower geared after market gear sets are also proportionally lower in high range as well.

#3 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,091 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

good thought, but I've already got the nissan case, and I like the center drop as opposed to one side or the other.  Plus people want alot for the sammty cases, whereas Nissan cases can be had cheapp

#4 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,392 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

you saw how low geared my car was in 1st lo/lo.1/2 the speed of your car but the same engine speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users