Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea81t turbo intake boot/hose interchangeable with ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

as the title reads - just wondering what i can use to replace the shredded turbo inlet boot/hose (from the flapper door MAF to the turbo inlet) from something more common than an ea81t motor.

this is for my 1984 turbo wagon.

#2 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

anyone?

#3 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

You will probably have to make one out of some silicone hose couplers and aluminum pipe parts. The old turbo inlets are getting very hard to find in decent condition so fabbing your own is going to be the quickest and maybe cheapest option.

#4 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

You will probably have to make one out of some silicone hose couplers and aluminum pipe parts. The old turbo inlets are getting very hard to find in decent condition so fabbing your own is going to be the quickest and maybe cheapest option.

that's the exact direction i was thinking about going.

90* aluminum elbow, silicone reducer coupling on the MAF side, another silicone coupler on  the turbo side, some barb fittings, JB weld, black spray paint, and done. haha!

#5 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

done. thanks for the advice. 

90* 2.25" silicone elbow, 7" 2.25" aluminum straight stock, 2.25-2.75" silicone reducer, a few barb fittings from home depot, JB weld, black high temp spray paint, and done. 

#6 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,818 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

done. thanks for the advice. 

90* 2.25" silicone elbow, 7" 2.25" aluminum straight stock, 2.25-2.75" silicone reducer, a few barb fittings from home depot, JB weld, black high temp spray paint, and done.

Pics?

#7 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

parts are on the way, waiting on those silicone bits and the aluminum piece. i'll get pics up once i put it together.

#8 nkmilesAE95

nkmilesAE95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Indianapolis, IN

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

Hey man - any pics?  I am in need of doing the same after lifting my wagon - pics would be MUCH appreciated.  thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users