Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello everyone.....i need some help with the impreza hatchback......I'm going to purchase a new or certified car soon.....i need to get good gas mileage because i do a lot of driving for my job.....my three choices are....corolla.....civic and impeza hatchback....i really love the impreza hatchback but I've never owned a subaru and all i hear from other people are how great subaru's are but when i go to sites like edmunds.....consumer reports....etc... they don't rate the impeza hatchback very well compared to the other two cars i mentioned.....i need a car that's gonna last me to at least 150,000 and i just wanted to get everyones opinion ? Your help is very much appreciated

Edited by Balboa2151

In my opinion the Civic and Corolla are great transportation appliances. They faithfully and efficiently convert gasoline into distance.

Subarus, on the other hand, might have a slightly higher cost of ownership or have the occasional maintenance required but they have metric tonnes of personality and soul. 

I'm sure one of those newer 2.0L Imprezas would easily go 150,000miles if you take care of it. If you're not concerned with the slight drop in MPG for having a beautiful AWD system and you're actually interested in cars to some degree: go Subaru. If you don't really care about cars and just need to get between home, and work on as little fuel as possible I'd go Civic or Corolla.