Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody plastidipped the lower plastic panels on their Outback?

I've seen the great results of using Plastidip to recoat the metal trim around the windows and plan to do that.  That one's a simple proejct that involves going to Lowe's or Home Depot and getting a spray can, masking, spraying, and unmasking while the stuff is still well.  Like I said, the results I've seen from people who have never touched the product before are pretty incredible.

But that's not what I'm asking about.

My OBW, 2000, 225k miles, white body over the gold lower, seems to have magnetic bumpers.  I get rear ended once every couple months stopped at a stop light waiting for the light to change!  I also always seem to park downtown between cars that park by braille, so my bumpers are UGLY! 

Plastidip makes a gold that might match pretty well.  The stuff is supposed to be easy to touch up which is good since I don't see people suddenly not running into my bumpers.  It's a matte finish, but I think they make a clear coat as well.  The stuff is affordable, removable, and, allegedley easy to use.  Has anybody tried it?  How close is the gold?  How easy to use?  How messy?  How much overspray?  I assume the stuff is much heavier then paint so it probably doesn't float real far like paint.

I'd just like to hear others experiences before I do this...not that I have anyplace to do this so it isn't happening next week or anything.  I'm just kinda plotting.