Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WRX Swap into an Outback Help

swap wrx jdm usdm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4x4subee

4x4subee

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Oroville

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hi all,

I have owned a Subaru for a long time (87 wagon with a 4" lift) not to familiar with the newer Subaru's. I recently picked up a 00 Outback wagon from a guy that was trying to swap a 04 ej205 JDM WRX motor into it. It would be a sweet ride but the problem he ran into is the 04 USDM WRX harness won't plug into the JDM motor. So my question is, has anyone had success with this type of swap before? My thought was to install a US WRX intake manifold along with the cam pulleys, crank pulley, and all the necessary sensors to match up with the US WRX ecu and wiring. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated! 

Thanks

00 Outback Wagon

04 WRX ej205 JDM motor

04 USDM WRX complete wiring harness + ecu

5 speed AWD

#2 cal_look_zero

cal_look_zero

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • Grass Pants, OR

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

If it's a legit 04 JDM 205, unload it for a USDM 205. It will have avcs and higher compression, and be a huge pain in the keester.

That said, I know you can block off the avcs in the 2.5 heads to run them on a 2.0 ecu, and if you're okay with having to get the car dyno/road tuned, then you might be able to make it work by swapping the engine wiring for what plugs into your bulk harness.

Pics will help, too.

#3 4x4subee

4x4subee

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Oroville

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Alright, sounds like ill be on the search for a usdm wrx. Thanks for the help there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swap, wrx, jdm, usdm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users