Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tires and rims, a little advice please

I have a couple options here, I just bought new tires and had them mounted on some after market alloy rims from a Toyota Tacoma. Tire size is 235x75x15s and the tire store said they don't fit... I was running 28" swampers that rubbed very little, and previously had had 235x75x15s on stock Toyota rims with very little rubbing... So is the new alloy rim making the tires rub since the off set is different? So should I just put the new tires on other rims and hope they don't rub or keep rims and tires and get out the BFH and grinder or?? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks

You need wheels that keep the tire tucked as close in to the strut as possible without rubbing on it. If you have rims that stick the tires out, they swing a larger radius when steering and will rub on the wheel wells at full lock. Wheel hub spacers will make this even worse.

I had 235/75r15's with a 4" lift on my Loyale and it still took a fair bit of sledgehammer adjusting to clear the rear of the wheel wells. They would rub on the side of the frame rail at full lock, but only lightly.