Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Haha that's funny. All that talk of expensive materials and fine workmanship -- and then it has a 1 year warranty. The way they're talking it up it should be a 10 lifetime warranty. Maybe it needs some translation ... 'the finest pot metal we could find in China'.

Hm if you zoom in you can see some part # on the seal, it's 20201AA030R. Googling that turns up a bunch of sites in Russian.

Edited by porcupine73
  • Like 1

Are they worth the money Gary? I've been contemplating if its worth the risk of buying scheissty parts to save $40 over the dealer price.

they seem fine to me, for the price i was willing to give it a try.  the Subaru price annoys me for being such a simple part.

i noticed no difference in driving performance, but our roads do suck really bad out here, unmaintained, falling apart, former roads turned to nearly gravel, a portion of the road may fall down the mountain side (i'm not kidding - twice..maybe 3 times, it's happened on the road i live on in 6 years within a few miles of my house), so i'd be less likely to know than someone else.

the metal isn't perfectly smooth...not sure how to describe it. it's like there's a metal scar or shaving still attached from when the bushing was pressed in - it's shiny metal but it looks as if they're used parts cleaned up - like the surface is rough, not glass smooth.  honestly i don't know what a Subaru part would look like though but i imagine they may polish them more - probably just rough casting flash from production and not machined to perfection. which i don't care about for this part - it's a metal bracket and a bushing, not much to it.  from a subaru hobbyist stand point it looks fine and from an engineering perspective i have zero concerns.  i guess the bushing may be cheap, but time will tell and i just replace again. given my roads and i'm apparently the first to use them - i should be the first to know if they suck!!!!! LOL

again - it's all minor and they look good and new - i'm just being as discerning as possible because i know everyone is different in their approach to parts, etc.

when they first came out i hadn't seen anyone comment on them and knew nothing about them and they only offered one side - so i bought a few in that side thinking i may never see them again.  i had a friend who's a mercedes mechanic use a press at work to remove the bushings and install them backwards so i then had ones for both sides.  no problems there and he didn't comment on them.  

• Like 1

I have a brand new right side from Subaru. Havent needed it yet, the left side has gone bad 3 times, but ive replaced it with used every time. Kinda tired of replacing it now. It's not that its a difficult part to replace, it just takes a while because the bolts are a mile long and they're torqued to 100+ ft lbs.

The new one has a "rough" appearance as well. Metal parts don't exactly get pampered during the manufacturing process, so some nicks and gouges are expected, especially with aluminum. The ones that I've replaced always have gouges around the bolt holes, so that could be an indicator if the housings are used and just have new bushings pressed in. Would be nice to find just a new bushing. Surely it would be cheaper than buying the whole thing.

• 8 months later...

WOW, and only 4 left available for purchase. After reading that sales pitch, I knew I needed to buy at least 20 of those perfect parts. What sold me was.........."The Rubber wont rub off on your hand like the cheap replacement parts offered by competitors." Reminded me of those really old M&M chocolate candy commercials with the line, that "the candy that melts in your mouth, not in your hand."

That's the worst marketing BS product description ever!!!!!

WOW, and only 4 left available for purchase. After reading that sales pitch, I knew I needed to buy at least 20 of those perfect parts. What sold me was.........."The Rubber wont rub off on your hand like the cheap replacement parts offered by competitors." Reminded me of those really old M&M chocolate candy commercials with the line, that "the candy that melts in your mouth, not in your hand."

That's the worst marketing BS product description ever!!!!!

yeah but, I kinda wonder if all that was translated from another language? still, everyone tries to  push their product.

I think you can find the same part and price on ebay, but it may only show-up using the Febest numbers; SAB-001R, and L or w'ever. Might save the taxes too?