Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted EA82 sedans...?

92_rugby_subie

I know there has to be more than the handful I can find on google in the tiny thumbnails... The links bring me here where the pictures have little red X's in the corner...

I just want some inspiration for Ned, who decided that he wanted to go UP in the air and not low on the ground... or rather his new sister decided she was the low pavement queen, so he would be the offroad car.... who knows, its subaru speech.

I was thinking the new plan would be:

4" or 6" lift --- since the steering has to be extended for either, might as well do the 6" and just go all out.

29" - 31" tires on 15" SOSFab wheels or re-drilled 6 lugs wheels, maybe the 6 lug conversion, but that would be way off.

EJ22 motor

Custom front bumper with fog lights -- OEM fog light switches (this is going to suck to find)

Custom rear bumper with tail light guards

Custom roof basket eventually with some more lights... (kinda like the 6 lug, it will happen if I decide I wanna switch it up a bit)

Keeping the 5speed d/r 4x4 transmission or I may have a line on a D/R AWD transmission :bouncy:

Does anyone have any pictures stored somewhere? Tire size may change as I dont want to cut up my fenders just yet... It will honestly be a mudpit, camping and mild trail car... I dont plan to go crazy and compete with butters (one of my fav lifted soobs)

I run 235/75/15s which are a 29 and they still rub even after some cutting and wheel well bashing.  I also have like 4.5" of positive offset though so it sets the tires out a bit.

Here are some pictures of a sedan on 29x8.50x15 swampers.  They measure out to more like a 28 though.  Not sure if they rubbed at all.

268298_2203294932920_3471359_n.jpg

270287_2203295532935_84750_n.jpg

p1040037vo0.jpg

I can't remember the running details of this subi ^

3729469858_47a655bc01_b.jpg

Build thread to this one ^, quite a few missing images but there are some good ones in there.

Generally the lift combo over here is a 3 inch lift and 27 inch tyres.  I know I've got this on my L wagon and it's a sweet setup for daily driving and some great offroading ability!

Cheers

Bennie

pick a tire size then build a lift around that depending on how much cutting you want to do.typically 27-29" tires are about as big as you want to go otherwise you start loosing gearing.I had 29" tires on my ea81 wagon and it was about the limit of gearing.with the deeper low range of the 5 speed 29" tires should be reasonably comfortable.However when I wanted to go bigger I jumped up from a 2" lift to a full 8" lift with a Tcase just to have the power and gearing to spin 31" tires.

a typical lift for 27-29" tires is 2" with alot of fender clearancing or 4" with little clearancing needed.Much more than that and it looks like the tires are too small.

My EA81 wagon does fine turning 30's  with no T-case with EJ22 and 5spd.

Go 6" body, 7" or8" at the strut tops all the way.  It's gives you the walkover room underneath if you tuck the driveline and exhaust up high after the lift.

Don't need a T-case unless you wanna go 32" or bigger.  (my t-case rig will have 33"s at first and maybe 35"s)  Espescially since the sedans are alot lighter already.

I run 235/75/15s which are a 29 and they still rub even after some cutting and wheel well bashing.  I also have like 4.5" of positive offset though so it sets the tires out a bit.

Here are some pictures of a sedan on 29x8.50x15 swampers.  They measure out to more like a 28 though.  Not sure if they rubbed at all.

268298_2203294932920_3471359_n.jpg

270287_2203295532935_84750_n.jpg

I see me :)

They rubbed a little bit....  without mud flaps not really at all 

Edited by 88Subi4x4

• 1 month later...

had a lifted sedan about this time last year... ended up chopping it up as a parts car almost everything from that car returned to a board member I car was very beat bodywise

but this is it 91 loyal sedan 2 in sjr lift ej22 swap welded rear diff and d/r and yes 235 75 15 duelers on yota 15 in

post-47322-0-13504500-1389664521_thumb.jpg

post-47322-0-14939100-1389664548_thumb.jpg

had a lifted sedan about this time last year... ended up chopping it up as a parts car almost everything from that car returned to a board member I car was very beat bodywise

but this is it 91 loyal sedan 2 in sjr lift ej22 swap welded rear diff and d/r and yes 235 75 15 duelers on yota 15 in

Like those wheels! :)  What are they exactly?