Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bushings my kingdom for bushings

I saw that years ago there was work on a group buy for polygraphite. is there any chance of another?

The big one I know I need is at the front of the rear diff. it's visibly had it, but the whole car sways and rocks on clutch out/accel so I know it all needs done, now that Lazarus has been brought back from the grave.

+1 on doing it yourself with Window Weld.

As far as I'm aware, that front hangar bushing is only available from the dealer as an assembly pressed into (and with) the bracket--and that's if your dealer can even find one. I tried once a few years ago and my local (back when I lived in CS/CO) would've had to order it in from out of state and I believe the overall cost was somewhere North of $160. F that.

I'd do it with the diff out so that the bushing (what's left of it) has no load. Two very large washers or make your own cover plates, fill bushing generously with poly/Window Weld, then run the bolt and nut back through the sleeve with the washers/plates on the ends to sandwich the poly while it cures.

Amir, @ outback is awesome!! He has owned Older Subaru's :

I forgot to mention these are Super Pro bushing.

Awesome thanks! now I just gotta sort through old threads to get all the part numbers for my specific car before I call.  :bouncy:

I'd do it with the diff out so that the bushing (what's left of it) has no load. Two very large washers or make your own cover plates, fill bushing generously with poly/Window Weld, then run the bolt and nut back through the sleeve with the washers/plates on the ends to sandwich the poly while it cures.

of course. otherwise with a bad busing i'm making a new bushing with the center in the wrong spot. I didn't look at it's mounting do I really need to pull the diff? or can I just pull brackets out?

• Like 1