Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Coilovers for Loyale Sedan, Digital Dash.

ea82 subaru Sedan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spvcxshxp

spvcxshxp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Portland, OR

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hey all, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I was wondering if there's a coilover available for the Loyale sedan? I've heard that some early civic coils will work but I'm not sure.

Ideally I would like to be incredibly low, as low as possible on 14" wheels. 

I was also wondering about the Digital Dash I have seen online. Does this only come in the Turbo version? Only come over seas (non US)? Could I swap one into a non digital dash'd L? 

My build is going to be very early 90's Japanese style inspired. Sorry for so many questions, I'm new!

spvcxshxp.

#2 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,539 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Coilovers for a 05-09 Legacy GT will fit with some mods.

#3 wagonist

wagonist

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Which digital dash have you seen online?

There were 2 different factory options but it depends on the year model. If you want to use these, your best bet would be to replace the loom in at least the dash with the matching one, but you'll probably be best to change the complete car loom.

digi dash is more 80s spec, than 90s :P

#4 spvcxshxp

spvcxshxp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Portland, OR

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Coilovers for a 05-09 Legacy GT will fit with some mods.

How extensive of modification are we talking? I don't want to try and modify my thousand dollar coils and have them not work out. 

#5 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,243 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Which digital dash have you seen online?

There were 2 different factory options but it depends on the year model. If you want to use these, your best bet would be to replace the loom in at least the dash with the matching one, but you'll probably be best to change the complete car loom.

Digidash came in the 80's in GL-10 model cars......which is an options package......Most were turbo, but not all.  Most were 4wd, but again, not all.

It's not hard with good diagrahms to simply swap pins/cut and spice wires at the dash to get the digi to work.

Biggest issue is the fuel sender is different, so you need to swap to the GL-10 digidash fuel level sender too.

FWIW, the early orange ones 85/86 look cooler at night, but they are notoriously hard to see in the day, and known for glitches....espescially the temp gauge.

87-89 green digidash are much better.

It would be crazy amounts of work to put the whole GL-10 harness in a regular GL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users