Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat parts removal

I have a 78 rust bucket brat that I am scrapping to get a rust free gen 1 brat.I'm pretty sure the new shell doesn't have the plastic B pillar trim just after the door glass.The 78 has those side pieces so I am wondering how they come off?Dont want to break them.I didn't see any screws on the inside so...

Also what is the best way to pull the 3 piece rear window?It might be useful to have a spare.

Thanks in advance.

A heat gun, soapy water, and a guitar string are your best friends for removing glass.  Be careful not to get too carried away w/ the heat gun, just warm up the rubber, don't melt it.   Removing glass is always a crapshoot if it will break trying to remove it.  

Yeah I guess I cross generations .... I can tell you my brother made a cool swinger out of the pillar decor and put the old style key alarm switch in back. I had that Brat after him and it always caught people off guard when they saw it. Pardon the story. :) 

The glass you can use a 3/16 cord of any type and loop it around the inside flange , and have another person work the unit out from the bed. I've gotten them out by myself when they are old simply by moving the unit up and down and finding the sweet spot to just flex the inner flange and begin with a corner , carefully working to the opposite side then lift up.