Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel filter change frequency 2005 WRX STi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 createaneutron

createaneutron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Grand Rapids Michigan

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

I am trying to find the recommended frequency to change the fuel filter on my 2005 WRX STi. My car currently has about 56k and I am wondering if this should be done at 60k? I am also wondering if there is only ONE filter or two? I have been reading conflicting reports and I believe there is one in the tank and maybe an additional one somewhere else? If there is more than one, do you only have to change the one external to the tank?

Thanks!

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,567 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Do you have the owner's manual?  If so it should state the change interval in there.

If you don't see a filter in the engine bay then there's probalby only the one in the tank.

#3 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,859 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

Subaru stopped putting underhood filters on cars in 2003. Only one is in tank and is nonserviceable.

#4 createaneutron

createaneutron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Grand Rapids Michigan

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

I managed to find one link online that stated it should be changed at 30k and 60k miles. Since I am approaching the 60k mark, I guess I have to dive into the tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users