Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

fuel pump intermittent failure

pigtail harness connector

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scotty1419

Scotty1419

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Bedford PA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hi guys, been a while since ive been here.. Anywhoo, my subaru has been having fuel pump issues so I pulled it out today and found out that one of the harness connectors that plugs in to the bottom of the fuel pump harness connector on the inside of the tank side was burnt. I have been looking all over the internet and I cant find that harness connector anywhere to replace it. does anyone know where I can find one or if there is a way I can just repair the one I got? Its pretty bad but It still plugs in. Thanks alot! 

Attached File  IMG_20131120_190644.jpg   86.81K   10 downloads Scott

#2 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,448 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Burnt wires in the fuel tank... that's a scary thought!

Probably 99.9% of the time a spark in the tank couldn't ignite the fumes, but that 1000th time...

#3 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,035 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Junkyard is your best bet.

If those are just spade terminals you can clip the wires, crimp new spade terminals on and plug them in without the plastic housing. Just be sure to tighten up the terminals with some pliers before plugging them in to prevent a loose connection issue in the future. Skrink wrap the ends, or buy spades with shrink already on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users