Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

EJ22t Engine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kaki

kaki

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • MARYLAND,USA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Not sure where to post this...(mods,please help if I have posted in the wrong place).Leaving early this coming Sunday (11/24/2013) from Parkville,Maryland to Kinnelon, NJ to pick up an EJ22T engine for one of my projects...returning same day.I have a regular size Toyota 4WD pickup truck extra cab.If anyone has legally purchased a heavy or bulky item that needs transported back anywhere along the 95 North-South or 295 North-South corridor between these two points, let me know.I can transport for free.Also, if any of the board members live in/around Kinnelon...will need a hand to load engine onto pickup truck.Cheers folks!

Edited by kaki, 21 November 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#2 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I've loaded a few engines into my outback alone. They're not THAT heavy. I usually wrestle it onto a floor jack, and hold it steady while jacking it up. Then kinda just roll it in and tie it down.

#3 kaki

kaki

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • MARYLAND,USA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I too,have done the same but seller makes me beleieve that this engine is real heavy...:)!

#4 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well, then, he needs to eat his wheaties. It's no heavier than an ej22.

#5 kaki

kaki

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • MARYLAND,USA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

:)

#6 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

A friend and I have pulled many ej22s and ej25s in the junkyard by just disconnecting everything, getting some seatbelts and a panhard bar or something out of a truck. Then the two of us just lift the thing out and walk to the gate with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users