Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Water Pump, need help quick!

Hey guys,

I have a 1986 GL-10 and my water pump just went out. I called the ol' Napa and they're asking which hub height I need, I can't find anywhere what the stock hub height is and I figured that if there was anyone I could trust, it was you beautiful people.

Thanks so much!

hi,

its just my opinion but take it down with you and match it,, if its not the one then you need the other one,,   1 is 110mm height,, the other is 105mm height ,  that is the only two they used,, otherwise they are the same, that is except one has bolt holes and one has studs where the fan and pulley fits,, and you can add or remove the studs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got everything sorted out, it is the longer one. There's a good video to watch if anyone ends up needing to do this and has no clue where to start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHXOtGNw3_Q

Only difference really is that on the 86 Turbo, there are seven bolts you need to take out of the pump (I was freaked out when I took five out then still couldn't remove the pump). The hidden two are behind the timing belt cover, luckily you can remove the right side of it without having to remove the entire cover and just work around the remaining part it.

My ol' girl is up and running again, very happy.

Thank you all for the help!

Edited by Capcom