Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Body part interchange

At some point in time, they added windshield wiper nozzles to the hood. An 85 is not necessarily a different body style from an 87, and I am sure the original poster is aware. But the original posters photo, shows the EA81 body style, which was not manufactured in 1987.

Actually it was. The hatch was made till 89 in the states and the brat was made till 87.

• Like 1

EA81 body part swapping;

Tail lights are specific to the body type I believe. Same with rear bumper, BRAT ones are different.

Hatch doors fit the BRAT, but you have to swap window glass.

Everything from the seats forward swap between body types, exception being dual/quad headlight system, but they "can be" swapped also.

'82 BRATs have different front fenders, slight change around side markers, antenna on DS vs. PS for later ones.

Gas tanks are FWD-4WD specific. You can fit the FWD tank under a 4WD if you're lifted 4" or so. No recess in FWD tank for the rear diff.

Rear suspension swaps for the most part, shocks may be different, not sure.

Some one else would have to do a list of EA82 differences, I'm not real knowledgeable on those, and there are differences over the years.