OK, I'm finally getting around to dealing with this again.
Here's the current situation:
With the FWD fuse in the light doesn't come on any more and its in AWD because I still have torque bind. I'm guessing the wire may be bad? But I haven't checked to see where it goes into the tranny yet to verify.
At start up the trans light flashes 16 times but when I do the secret handshake to diagnose the tranny code I get nothing. No lights no flash nothing. This is what I'm doing straight off the sticky here:
1) Warm up engine by driving at speeds greater than 12mph.
2) Stop vehicle and turn ignition switch OFF.
3) Turn ignition switch ON and make sure POWER indicator lamp comes on.
4) Turn ignition switch OFF.
5) Move selector lever to D and turn manual switch ON.
6) Turn ignition switch ON.
7) Move selector lever to "3" and turn manual switch OFF.
8) Move selector level to "2" and turn manual switch ON.
9) Move selector lever to "1" and turn manual switch OFF.
10) Partially depress accelerator pedal (to turn idle switch off).
11) Check code as displayed on POWER light. Blinking once every 1/4sec is normal.