Today we did some work. And by we I mean Marcus. I drove out to his work in Auburn and we parked the Sub in the hangar to begin the 6 lug re-drill. The day before we found an 85' GL in the junkyard which we got some studs and lug nuts off of.
Here is the hub, with 2 studs knocked out. Testing the fit on the wheels. The hub didn't want to sit flush inside the lip of the wheel, but we sanded it down to fit in there nicely.
Here is the hub getting the pilot holes drilled in.
We used a 35/64 bit that we got from Tacoma Screw. Ran Marcus about $50 but he said it was well worth it. The bit held up well.
Here is the 6 lug hub mounted on the car. Looks ready to rock and roll!
here's Marcus drilling the rears. again pilot holes.
had to modify the stud tops a little bit to make them fit.
pressing the studs into place with the hydro press.
This is no lift with 14's and 27 tires. We had to do a bit of shaping of the fenders. It rubs a little here and there. still getting used to that. Marcus is on a 2" lift, 205x75x14 tires, and 14" pugs. We measured the width between the ground and the fender on both our cars. Marcus has me in height by about an inch.
overall, great productive day. Lift kit coming soon.
Edited by nick1208, 15 December 2013 - 08:40 PM.