Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Nick's 94 Loyale build

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#101 marcusgl10z28

marcusgl10z28

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • tacoma wa

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

hope u grabbed my good rad...i do have a bad  one too....i hit tree rallyin with beer....ie dont do that btw gets expensive

1in should be ok but expect bearing life to go down as to what subaruise is sayin 2in will kill them fast and could bend a strut if you come down to hard...did you make fix the leak in the snorkle?

Edited by marcusgl10z28, 22 April 2014 - 01:46 AM.

#102 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

hope u grabbed my good rad...i do have a bad  one too....i hit tree rallyin with beer....ie dont do that btw gets expensive

1in should be ok but expect bearing life to go down as to what subaruise is sayin 2in will kill them fast and could bend a strut if you come down to hard...did you make fix the leak in the snorkle?

I think I got the good radiator... Hard to tell as of this moment. And I patched up the snorkel in the only spot I didn't seal so if it still leaks I have no clue how it is getting in. Leaving my drain hole open though just in case.

#103 marcusgl10z28

marcusgl10z28

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • tacoma wa

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

awesome. ya that's the only place i could even guess its getting in. god i hope that works cuz im at a loss if it dosent... and try to kick that last inlet tube more towards the windshield so ya don't get splash back from the rears... i seen a little bit of debris in it last tim i looked...remember?

#104 kirzick

kirzick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • olympia washington

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

can you please post picture of the blocks in place and there measurements? It would be much appreciated!

Edited by kirzick, 24 April 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#105 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

can you please post picture of the blocks in place and there measurements? It would be much appreciated!

X1AUlu6.jpg

#106 kirzick

kirzick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • olympia washington

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

if you were to redo it would you have used thicker tube?

#107 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

if you were to redo it would you have used thicker tube?

yes for sure, one of my blocks is bent

#108 kirzick

kirzick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • olympia washington

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

Thank you for the info ive been hunting for it for ever.  What thickness is recommended?

#109 92loyale59

92loyale59

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

i would say 1/4 inch is a good thickness some might think its over kill but thats what i always use

#110 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

^ +2 1/4" tube will take 10x more of a beating than any other lift. And i wouldnt cut that C out of the tube to get to the bolt. It weakens the block and is more work. Just me though. I used a box end ratchet to tighten mine up. 

Oh and BTY this is a great build guy! you just need a EJ22 in her! but when you do Let me know when you get ready to do one, i have accuses to cheaper and higher quality adapter plates and can tare down your harness if your not going to do it. Then youll have to come down to Oregon and wheel with me and my crew

Sorry to see the quality of SJR's rear diff plate drop has gone down.. I could have made that for you for free.... 

This was a couple years ago, but he only had me pay 20$ shipped for the one that is advertised... 

422780_2830983532737_749010145_n.jpg

#111 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

^ +2 1/4" tube will take 10x more of a beating than any other lift. And i wouldnt cut that C out of the tube to get to the bolt. It weakens the block and is more work. Just me though. I used a box end ratchet to tighten mine up. 

Oh and BTY this is a great build guy! you just need a EJ22 in her! but when you do Let me know when you get ready to do one, i have accuses to cheaper and higher quality adapter plates and can tare down your harness if your not going to do it. Then youll have to come down to Oregon and wheel with me and my crew

Sorry to see the quality of SJR's rear diff plate drop has gone down.. I could have made that for you for free.... 

This was a couple years ago, but he only had me pay 20$ shipped for the one that is advertised... 

422780_2830983532737_749010145_n.jpg

thanks! Maybe during college I'll try to EJ swap. It's on my list of things to do. 

#112 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Nice senior pics man! Did the photographer "get" the whole lifted subaru thing? Ha. Love it, i wish i would have discovered my love for subarus in high school, i'd probably be on my 19th one and would have a small fleet! Cars looking awesome, keep on rockin.

#113 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Nice senior pics man! Did the photographer "get" the whole lifted subaru thing? Ha. Love it, i wish i would have discovered my love for subarus in high school, i'd probably be on my 19th one and would have a small fleet! Cars looking awesome, keep on rockin.

She kept referring to it as my battlewagon because of the sticker i have on the back. reddit.com/r/battlewagon is where that is from. I don't plan on owning much else other than old schools now that I'm into them they're great! and thanks man means a lot! 

#114 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

So the spacers I got in the mail turned out to be 1" rather than the 2" I expected. So i figured why not and threw them on. I like it! 
IKP1CfX.jpg

gu8tWA6.jpg

#115 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,847 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Very Kindly, let me ask you...

Why not change the Rims to wider specs, instead of using Spacers?

Kind Regards.

#116 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

Very Kindly, let me ask you...

Why not change the Rims to wider specs, instead of using Spacers?

Kind Regards.

I'm looking into getting some 15's with bigger tires that are wider, just thought i'd do this in the meantime,

#117 kirzick

kirzick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • olympia washington

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Can you please post the measurements of your diff drop plate and spacers? Id really appreciate it

#118 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Can you please post the measurements of your diff drop plate and spacers? Id really appreciate it

CHvzOP3.jpg

#119 KootenayJK

KootenayJK

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • The Kootenays!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

Looked better without spacers, IMO. Looks like you're lovin it though! The senior pics are good.

#120 wagonryan

wagonryan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

looks bad rump roast man!

#121 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,847 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

A Li'l off-topic, but very kindly let me tell you that I Really Like your "Senior" Pictures,

This one...

... my senior pictures...

XAiv8iH.jpg

...Somehow is the Better example of the Pride you feel from Driving a Car that you Personally have "Built" 

Kind Regards.

#122 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

A Li'l off-topic, but very kindly let me tell you that I Really Like your "Senior" Pictures,

This one...

...Somehow is the Better example of the Pride you feel from Driving a Car that you Personally have "Built" 

Kind Regards.

thanks. Yeah I get a lot of people turning their heads at school, looking at the kid with mismatched body panels, and the car that makes funny noises. But I love it! no better feeling than walking out to a car you paid for, you built, and when something goes wrong, you know where it is. I believe I'm having more fun with it than the kids at my school who's parents buy them BMW's and they put wheels and coils on it and call it "Built" but hey to each their own. 

#123 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

Off topic from my build thread but it looks like I'll be attending Washington State University in the fall of 2014! Go cougs. College should be fun but I'm going to miss my car. Not taking it for the first year so I don't have to bum people rides and such.

#124 NorthCoast

NorthCoast

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Puyallup, WA

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

WSU?!  Are you studying veterinary medicine or agricultural science?  Just kidding.  We'll miss having you around.

and BTW... GO HUSKIES!!!

uw.jpg

#125 kirzick

kirzick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • olympia washington

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Hate to bother you. Although the picture was helpful, if you have time can you post actual measurements of that diff plate? Also do the spacers toward the front of the diff get tightened down or do they stay loose? Thank you!

Edited by kirzick, 01 May 2014 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users